Friday 22 May 2009

this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I wish chocolate wasn't so delicious. Nay, let me rephrase that. I love that chocolate is so delicious. I wish chocolate wasn't so caloric. Nom nom nom.

OH. And I've re-ignited my passionate love for E.E. Cummings. 

It is time for a poetry reading. Get ready for your finger-snapping applause. ahem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


let's live suddenly without thinking
e.e. cummings
Let's live suddenly without thinking

under honest trees,
                                a stream
does.the brain of cleverly-crinkling
-water pursues the angry dream
of the shore.        By midnight,
                                            a moon
scratches the skin of the organised hills

an edged nothing begins to prune

let's live like the light that kills
and let's as silence,
                                  because Whirl's after all:
(after me)love,and after you.
I occasionally feel vague how
vague i don't know tenuous Now-
spears and The Then-arrows making do
our mouths something red, something tall


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*snap snap snap snap*

also:

Piet Mondrian, The Red Tree, 1909

No comments:

Post a Comment