Friday 27 February 2009

Enjoy the Silence

It's been awhile. I am alive, worry not my friends. Things have been hectic this week... dissertation proposals and presentations, class readings, applying for fellowships... My brain hurts. 

So, I'm taking the night off, headed out to mix and mingle with my art history comrades at a little cocktail soiree, and then perhaps dance partying at Depeche Mode night at the Star and Garter.  Tomorrow, I will find myself once again at the library, desperately searching for some inspiration for my course essays. Until then, my friends, relaxation.

Oh, and anyone fancy a holiday in London? : Volunteer Plea for Plinth Artwork. Artist Anthony Gormley is searching for 2,400 volunteers to stand on his plinth for one hour (24/7 for 100 days) in Trafalgar Square. Evidently, it's a lesson in feeling alone in a crowd. Sounds like an easy task, but must be an uncomfortable and intimidating hour, considering the kind of foot traffic through Trafalgar Square. Yikes

Although, I have always wanted to be part of a piece of group art. Yet, I always hoped it would be in the form of a Spencer Tunick. Iceberg? No problem.

1 comment:

  1. the article says 'later this year'..sounds a bit vague. let me know when it is, i'll do it! i will! don't double dog dare me

    ReplyDelete